Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

snow day!!!

It snowed.  It happened.  The weathermen were actually accurate in their prediction.  We received over a foot of snow here in the dirty south.  I woke up at 5am to walk the dog and found that the dog was not able to navigate through the snow banks....at all.  Three steps out the door and we turned around and came back inside.  I contemplated going in to work all the way up until about 15 minutes till 7 when they announced that the offices would be closed today.  Under normal circumstances, I would have been pulling into my office parking lot at this time.  I know my employer though....they wait until the office is opening to announce that they will be closing.  Regardless, it's a snow day!!!

And a snow day for sure!!!  I just went outside and oh my holy guacomole!  At 5am I had no idea, not even an inkling, of what a mess it was!!! Here I thought that I was going to head to yoga at noontime and take advantage of my snow day.  I am thinking that perhaps I am safest inside the confines of my 4 walls though....




there goes the hubs driving to work

It's not all bad though.  There is some saving grace in the beauty of the snow and the quiet peacefulness that surrounds a fresh snowfall....







Enjoy the snow!!!  

No comments: